Software Engineer, Android Developer · Caracas, Venezuela
firstname.lastname@example.org · github.com/igoticecream
- Experience with Java, C#, C/C++.
- Application development with Android SDK, C standard and Win32 library, JDK, ASP.NET MVC and .NET framework.
- Advanced version control system experience with Git.
- Database experience with MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server
- Known for writing efficient, testable, maintainable and reusable code.
- Other: Agile methodologies, Object-oriented design, Test-driven development, Web services, Architecture and design patterns, Expert in the interaction between various devices and versions of Android.
- Developed the Android app UCABdroide for the university, which provides to the students an easy way to review their class schedules, assignments, balances and more. Downloaded twenty-eight thousand times across 100 different android devices and support all the way back to API 15.
- Wrote clean, clear, efficient, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- Stabilized and documented the newly developed API to enable communications with the Android application.
- Wrote unit test for the domain and data layers of UCABdroide to ensure stability of code basis and instrumentation unit tests for the presentation layer.
- Introduced the university to agile practices, planning iterations and establishing milestones that successfully reduced the product release cycle to every two weeks.
- Created and maintained over 20 database views to be reused for various systems and report generation tools.
- Developed an administrative module for Argos report generation software used by the university with ASP.NET MVC.
- Collaborated on the development of university’s REST API of student’s data which is used on over 10 internal system.
- Developed an Android app which gives additional features to the popular game Pokémon Go through the Xposed framework. The app is open source to demonstrate the architecture, tools and guidelines that I use when developing for the Android platform.
- Engineer’s Degree, Informatics at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (2008 – 2016).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching (October 2014 – October 2015).